1. Please pay via the add to cart button above. Or by Paypal. The Paypal address is email@example.com. If paying by check or money order please send to George Lawrence and send U.S. mail to George Lawrence, Not So Modern Drummer, 3341 Towne Village Road, Antioch TN, 37013.
2. Fill out the online form below, one for each drum if you are entering more than one. We will print this out here and attach it to your drum for the duration of the event.
Registration DEADLINES Send your drum on now. We will be doing some advance publicity before 1/15/2017. You can send a drum any time before the Final judging in November 2017 , but the publicity starts officially on January 15
- January 15, 2017 - First deadline: If you have your drum in by this date you will receive all the publicity and events planned for the year-long event. The event runs from January 15 to January 15 every year.
- The deadline for the display exhibit and public judging at Summer NAMM is July 1. If your drum(s) is received by this date it will be displayed at Summer NAMM in Nashville TN. July 13-15.
- November 15, 2017 - This is the deadline for the official judging. All drums have to be in by this date.
- Early January 2018 - Results will be published in time for Winter NAMM announcements.
Remember, the sooner you send your drum in, the sooner we can video it, photograph it and start publicizing it. See the registration form for shipping instructions.
-Insure your drum for shipping and return shipping. Send it in a very sturdy box and packing material that will survive a lot of transporting as we will be moving them around a lot. Do not use styrofoam packing peanuts. They are evil, pollute the environment and fly out of the box all over the place. If you wrap the drum in plastic or bubble wrap do not put packing tape on it. We do not want to put a knife anywhere near your drum and that's the only way to remove that stuff. Use a few short pieces of scotch tape. Please follow these instructions. We will return any drums that do not follow our packing guide lines.
-Each drum must have a return shipping label. Please place it on the drum head. All drums will be returned after the final judging and results announcements (early first quarter 2018) unless another option is checked.
-Please tell us in the additional comments box on the form if you are consigning the drum to us to sell at a 20% consignment fee, having someone pick it up in Nashville, or want to donate it to the Not So Modern Drummer Museum.
-All drums MUST have a single play coated medium weight batter head and a clear medium or thin snare side head. The heads on all drums must be the same so we can compare apples with apples (exceptions - concert and marching)
Please don't leave any boxes blank below. If it does not apply to your drum or you don't have an answer, please type NA. This will be emailed to George Lawrence at Not So Modern Drummer. Call if you have any questions about filling out the form. 330 338 6035
3 Main Divisions:
-Drum Set snares
orchestral and Drum Set drums are further classified by shell materials
-metals: brass, bronze, steel, aluminum, copper, titanium, etc.
-woods: maple, birch, walnut, combinations of wood, etc.
-synthetics: plastic, carbon fiber , etc.
-combinations: wood and metal, metal and synthetic, etc.,
Wood drums are then further classified by construction type:
-plywood, single ply steam bent, block, stave, etc.
and all drums are further grouped by diameter size:
Baritone -15” or larger diameter
Sopranino 10” and smaller